5 Smart Ways to Have An Eco-Friendly Diwali: Everyone of us celebrates Diwali, but not all of us celebrate Green Diwali. This time, we suggest you celebrate the festival in some different way i.e. to save our planet. We should take strong steps to avoid or at least reduce the ill-effects of Diwali even by making our loved ones happy.
1. Switch to Eco-friendly Crackers: Eco-friendly crackers have made a big hit in the entire Indian market this time. Also, it has proved to be better option than hazardous ones. Even though eco-friendly crackers involve a relatively higher cost, it reduces the level of noise and air pollution largely. An additional benefit is that you get compliments for your attempt to save the earth.
2. Donate the Old Stuffs at Your Home: One of the best things you should do for this Diwali is to give your old stuffs, such as shoes and clothes to the less privileged people. This step rids the environment from all sorts of unwanted wastes. Also, donating old items will help in lighting the lives of many people, who do not afford to buy new things on their own.
3. Use of Diyas instead of Using Electric Lights: During the celebrations of Diwali days, usage of electric lights results in a huge power consumption and all of us feel it’s effect in future. To avoid this, we should opt to buy varieties of colorful diyas and illuminate our home with its glow. Earthen lamps not only give us a traditional and organic option, but also it remains close to the true spirit of the sacred Diwali festival. Moreover, diyas also help poor and needy people, whose livelihood depends on sales of earthen lamps and other small festival-related products.
4. Use of Natural Flowers: One of the best ways to celebrate Green Diwali is to go with Mother Nature. This means, you should invest in natural flowers instead of spending money to buy artificial ones. Artificial flowers cause harm to the environment and have gaudy look. In contrast, natural flowers make the surrounding fresh with their fragrance. Moreover, you may use flowers in making rangolis to make your loved ones happy.
5. Gift Varieties of Herbal Products: Whenever we Indians think about Diwali gifts, gift items that comes in our mind are varieties of colorful and delicious sweets, chocolates, cookies and nuts. However, we all are aware that none of these are healthy options for an individual.
Hence, to celebrate the Green Diwali, we suggest you to choose herbal gifts, which are of healthy and eco-friendly ones. Besides, while talking about gift options, you may choose for plenty of handmade gifts. These are handmade lampshades, handmade candles, gourmet coffees, organic gift baskets, special teas and plants.
To conclude, we should say that we are available with plenty of options to celebrate the Diwali 2019 in an eco-friendly and green way. Only, we have the spirit to do so successfully.